Friday, December 4, 2009

QUOTE FROM GENO MAKOWSKY

Here's a quote from Gene Makowsky, in response to one of my nasal questions:


You’ve been on 15 Roughriders teams now. What is it about this team that makes it unique or interesting? “It’s a good group of guys. I think the biggest edge is that the guys are always talking football on the practice field, whereas before that was not always the case at all times. Especially the quarterbacks and the receivers, they really try to get on the same page and I think that showed on the field. Darian and Steven Jyles are real leaders that way and they’re always talking, whether something was good or it was bad. They’re addicts of the game of football. They love talking football and trying to get it right. I hear the angels singing when I hear that stuff — when guys are that into it and guys care that much to get things right.

They’re students of the game and they want to get better. That’s definitely what I see from the offensive side of the ball.’’

No comments: