Wednesday, May 26, 2010

RIDER QUARTERBACKS




Fr left: Cole Bergquist, Todd Reesing, Ryan Dinwiddie, Darian Durant & Kent Smith)

The Riders held a media gathering today at Mosaic Stadium to show off the five quarterbacks headed to training camp in Regina next week. We'll hear from all of them today on 620 CKRM's Sports Cage in the 4:00 - 5:00 hour. From 5:00 - 6:00, we want to hear from all Saskatchewan communities who are in the Riderville contest for the 100 Year Anniversary celebrations. Why is YOUR town Riderville?Give us a call today...

--Some Wednesday quotes:COACH KEN MILLER:I'm really excited to have those two men signed. Ryan Dinwiddie, he brings some experience with him and I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field. And Todd Reesing was a tremendous player in college so I'm excited to see him throw in the next couple of days.As we talked about possibilities, certainly Doug Berry and Brendan Taman's evaluations of Dinwiddie having a strong work ethic, being a great character guy and a hard worker, all those things came into consideration. And then when I viewed the tape of the 2007 Grey Cup, I saw a really good quarterback.

RYAN DINWIDDIE:I wouldn't have seen this coming three years ago! But I'm glad it did. I've been around town a little bit and got to meet some of the players and some people and coaches in the office. I'm excited to be here. It's a class act organization and I'm happy to be a part of it.I was supposed to work out with the Sacramento team in the UFL a few weeks ago but once I knew I was coming here, I cancelled that. I've been working out the past couple months, waiting for an opportunity. I wasn't ready to call it quits. Last year was tough for me because I didn't feel I deserved to be cut the first day of training camp last year in Winnipeg. It is what it is. Life has its ups and downs but I'm looking forward to taking more ups than downs this time around.

DARIAN DURANTCompared to last year at this time, it's night and day. I'm 100% confident now in my situation. My leadership role, my community role, everything has changed for me for the good. I'm just so excited about the obstacles ahead for me and

I'm just ready to roll.

No comments: